Los Angeles, let’s get together on Saturday 5/26 to talk all things Central American. I’m so proud to be presenting alongside such a great panel. It's like #CentralAmericanTwitter, but in IN REAL LIFE! Event is free. Check out all the info below.
About the event:
Central American Art & Beauty, Dichos de un bicho, Radio No Jodás, & Yeiry.com present:
Isthmus Roots: A Celebration of Central American Creativity & Storytelling
Saturday, May 26th, 2018
5PM - 8PM
5469 Huntington Dr N,
Los Angeles, CA 90032 (El Sereno)
Attention L.A.! Come and meet talented Central American creatives & storytellers! Utilizing a wide variety of media--ranging from music, comics, zines, art curation, and academic research--each featured panelist utilizes their platform(s) to speak and amplify the stories of their respective communities. Moreover, they represent the strength, resilience, and diverse beauty of the Central American isthmus.
- A. Sarr, Nicaraguan musician
- Breena Nuñez Peralta, Guatemalan/Salvadoran illustrator
- Brigette Lugo, Panamanian & Nicaraguan journalist, founder of SomosGenteLA
- Nicole Ramsey, Belizean educator
- Tamika Burgess, Afro-Panamanian blogger, founder of EsMiCultura
- Yeiry Guevara, Salvadoran writer & artist
- Zaira Miluska, Salvadoran founder of Central American Art & Beauty
Moderated by Gloria Figueroa & Henry Nicia, from Radio No Jodás
Music generously provided by Radio Pulgarcito, (Linda Nuves, Sister Mantos, gfunktrece)
Special thanks to Angela Flores and the Collective from Eastside Cafe for generously providing the space to host this event. Also, much gratitude to Zaira Miluska, Wendy Rodriguez, Yeiry Guevara, Brigette Lugo, Gloria Figueroa, and Victor Interiano for organizing this event.